Life is a jigsaw puzzle. Every segment of the puzzle is formed by different elements of life. I cherish all my felicity elements, what about you?

Thursday, May 04, 2006

San Francisco: The Painted Ladies.

When I was young (particularly junior high school years) I was a loyal fan of the American sitcom 'Full House'. In the opening sequence of the show, the Alamo Square Park with the famous rows of Victorian houses would be featured. During that time, I secretly vowed to myself that I would visit this place one day.

Couldn't believe that I did it.

Alamo Square Park actually is a park with slope (so does the entire San Francisco). The park consists of four city blocks at the top of a hill overlooking much of San Francisco. The park includes a playground and a tennis court, and is frequented by neighbors, tourists, and dog owners. A row of Victorian houses facing the park on Steiner Street, known as the painted ladies , are often shown in the foreground of panoramic pictures of the city's downtown area.

Picture taken on the lower level of the slope. As you move to a higher level of the slope, the view would get better. You will see what I mean in a sec.

See, you're getting more view already. But it's not as breathtaking yet. Hold on ...

More ... more ... more ... How do you like it? How do you like it? (Lyrics from the song 'More more more).

This, would be the best view of all. Awesome, right?

(Painted ladies is the collective American vernacular term to describe Victorian houses which are usually painted in a multi-colored pastel scheme.)

Another part of the Alamo Square Park. I found it so serene when I was standing there.

Definitely moments that I would cherish for my entire life.

7 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

hei, where is the high school stuff?

9:19 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

hahaha... when I was young I actually wonder could it be a fairy live in this beautiful house.

Now I know no fairy, but I still wonder who are staying there, such beautiful house.

the last picture have a very good composition.

11:48 PM

 
Blogger Egghead said...

you ladies really have a nag of taking beautiful pictures lah!
respect!

2:12 AM

 
Blogger mom2ashley said...

wow! the view of the houses are definitely awesome as you go up the slope! nice work shots!

1:07 PM

 
Blogger LHS said...

Wow, nice pictures.
Hope that i have this chance to travel this place in my life!

5:28 AM

 
Blogger ZMM said...

Those Victorian houses are absolutely gorgeous right?? I heard they are worth a lot..

9:01 AM

 
Blogger anna-brooklynn-1351 said...

Helloooooooo world!

5:50 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

 

Tomato & Greenapple's 8th Dating Anni.
Daisypath Ticker