Life is a jigsaw puzzle. Every segment of the puzzle is formed by different elements of life. I cherish all my felicity elements, what about you?

Wednesday, April 19, 2006

San Francisco: The Palace of Fine Arts.


A few years back I remember watching a movie having the Palace of Fine Arts as the beautiful background. The leading actor and actress were having some romantic moments rolling a small boat in the pond. I was really amazed by the scene, but I had no idea where that scene was shoot. A couple of months ago I was flipping a tourism magazine featuring San Francisco. I saw a picture of Palace of Fine Arts in it. I told myself, that's it, this would be my next destination should I travel.



Upon arrival at the Palace during our trip to San Francisco, I soon realized that the entire tourism spot didn't quite fit into what I would have imagined. What was in my mind previously was that it would be a place pretty much like Central Park of NYC, whereby you get nice lawn, well-maintained trees and landscaping, along with these nice achitecture. And in the pond/lake there would be boats for rent should the tourists like to have some fun paddling the boat. Hmmm, I was very wrong. To me, it looked more like an abandoned place as it was kinda muddy on most of the ground. Evidently, this place was ruined (during war time), then rebuilt, then demolished and reconstructed, all happened during the previous century (for more info please click here, and here). While we were there, a few parts of the park were fenced. Alongside with that were a few tructors. We surmised that some preservation work must be underway. Honestly, I was kinda dissapointed as the place did not fit into my romantic projection.

Having said that, the palace was still a remarkable place to visit. The fine and artistic sculptures delineate the meticulous works of those artists/sculptors. Definitely a 'must-visit', I would say.

The Rotunda, the most outstanding part of the Palace. You could actually view the dome even from a distance.




Awesome, eh?

We found two Cherry Blossom trees at the same site.

Am loving the flowers.

I hope you like these pictures.

11 Comments:

Blogger Egghead said...

saw this place in the movie "The Rock" before... really beautiful and antique!!

pls share more of your SF photos for the benefits of those who have yet the chance to visit... like me :)

10:13 PM

 
Blogger Greenapple said...

egghead you're really fast! i am touched by your effort in blog-hopping. =)

will post more when I have time. till then, please, stay tuned, ya.

10:31 PM

 
Blogger mom2ashley said...

beautiful pictures! very nice architecture though and you keep bumping into those cherrie blossom flowers huh!?

2:32 AM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

This Place of Fine Art remind me of China 圆明园。
Almost same structure and design, but this is the still-standing-strong version.

2:37 PM

 
Blogger 1+2mom said...

Very nice place and nice pic.

12:15 PM

 
Blogger MayY . C 五月媽媽 said...

We went to Las Vegas, rented a car and drove to Los Angeles 10 years ago. Too bad, we have no time to stop in SF.

Nice pictues.

8:14 PM

 
Blogger Erika said...

I've always loved going to Palace of Fine Arts.. it's nice to have your picnic at the front of it.. did you get to go to Golden Gate Park?

5:32 PM

 
Blogger ZMM said...

Oh.. I'd been there.. and I was alone..
It's beautiful, and compared to some of the buildings we have in M'sia, it's very well maintained.

The flowers really added a nice touch to the photos!

12:31 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Very best site. Keep working. Will return in the near future.
»

5:35 AM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I have been looking for sites like this for a long time. Thank you! Camping sleeping air mattress Marriot time share vacation packages Discount airline ticket cheap discount airline isparta Digital machine printing Roc cd key changer Dallas dealership volkswagen accutane teenagers Oven diodes Care dhc review skin http://www.patents-inventions.info/modafinil-venta.html airlines Lasik lackawanna moving companies http://www.oldsmobile-alero-recall.info/performance-part-for-a-suzuki-aerio.html Insurance between jobs

11:12 AM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Very cool design! Useful information. Go on! facial newcastle plastic surgery Ladies fitness wellness uk Chi turbo ceramic hair dryer Local camping listing Babes with huge boobs gallery Can you get pregnant from having anal sex subaru wrx review tiny mature breasts scout backpacks Ambien buy tramadol online ambien online buy ambien

10:05 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

 

Tomato & Greenapple's 8th Dating Anni.
Daisypath Ticker