Life is a jigsaw puzzle. Every segment of the puzzle is formed by different elements of life. I cherish all my felicity elements, what about you?

Saturday, May 13, 2006

San Francisco: The Japantown.

Japan definitely is one of my must-go destination sometimes in the future. Nonetheless, that is also one of the more expensive dream to make it into reality. So for now, I would happily settled with Nihonmachi, or Japantown in SF that enabled me to experience just a hint of nippon colours.

As you can probably tell, we were there during the sunset hours, so the photos look dark and gloomy.

Spanning only a few blocks, Japantown isn't as huge as in Chinatown of SF. The heart of Japantown is the Japan Centre (not shown in photo), fairly non-descript on the outside but filled with delectable restaurants and sushi bars, shops, open courtyards, specialty stores, and a Kinokuniya bookstore. This mall serves as a concentrated expression of Japanese culture in the middle of SF.

One of the more interesting points-of-interest is the five-tiered Peace Pagoda, a gift from Japan.

Nothing would fascinate me more, than these Cherry Blossom trees.



So now I can proudly say, yes, I have seen sakura before! Oh, how proud! =)

10 Comments:

Blogger MayY . C 五月媽媽 said...

Sakura,, Sakura,, my favourites.
Do you have any ChinaTown pictures too??
How is it? Are they a lot of Malaysian Restaurant??

6:23 PM

 
Blogger Fong said...

nice piccies! Love your writing by the ways!! *huggles*

;)

8:28 PM

 
Blogger shoppingmum said...

I only know there's a chinatown, didn't know that they have Japantown too. I'd like to go to Japan too one day, my SIL who's been to Tokyo for her honeymoon said it's a really nice place for sight-seeing, shopping and good food.

5:16 AM

 
Blogger FooDcrazEE said...

lovely SAKURA...

9:06 AM

 
Blogger Jess said...

haih...your pic really make me wanna go those places too!
money money where are u???

12:50 AM

 
Blogger ZMM said...

Wow.. really very Japanese huh?
I only went passed the town.. didn't get down to stroll.

8:57 AM

 
Blogger Greenapple said...

Blogie-talkie ... dissapointingly, not at all. I was so surprised, and dissapointed. Guess Manhattan (NYC) still has the best chinatown. At least I have a few grea M'sian restaurant there but I found none in SF.

Oh Fong, how I miss you! Thanks for visiting!

Shoppingmom, let's work hard on that and I am sure we'll make it someday. =)

foodcrazee, thanks. I love them a lot too!

jesslyn, I am glad that you like them.

Zara's mum, quite Japanese ... not bad lah, consider the fact that I haven't been to Japan at all. Definitely worth a stroll.

1:32 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Super color scheme, I like it! Good job. Go on.
»

5:34 AM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Enjoyed a lot! Body fragrance manufacturer oil wholesale Debit cards for unemployed online flower gift basket pamela anderson lee nude gallery R.o water filters Acuvue contact coupon lens two contact lens Rosamond lehmann lesbian novel http://www.health-supplements-nz.info/Provigil-overseas.html mitsubishi forklift repair manual Descargar video pamela anderson tommy canoeing portaging backpack http://www.columbia-cougar-flats-jacket.info/Backpacksforunderd.html propecia bericht Face lifts canada buspar wellbutrin commercial buildings contents insurance Acura rental cars Easy to make shelves for dvd's Tatoo removal in boca raton florida Furniture alexandria

5:04 PM

 
Blogger anna-brooklynn-1351 said...

Helloooooooo world!

5:49 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

 

Tomato & Greenapple's 8th Dating Anni.
Daisypath Ticker