Life is a jigsaw puzzle. Every segment of the puzzle is formed by different elements of life. I cherish all my felicity elements, what about you?

Thursday, November 24, 2005

Give Thanks.

Today, all Americans will celebrate the Thanksgiving Day. Some call it the 'Turkey Day' because this poultry is greatly associated with such blissful holiday. Some also said Thanksgiving comes in more important than Christmas, something I have never heard before I come to US. Anyhow, Thanksgiving really is something huge here. People would travel home and have precious moments with family members. It seems like everyone is anticipating the post-Thanksgiving giant sales too. I was told that instead of doing Boxing Day (post-Christmas) sales like Canada, US do it after Thanksgiving. Despite the chilly weather, there will be tons of people making incredibly long queue outside all malls and stores for the early bird specials. Most stores will open at 5AM on tomorrow (i.e. Friday), and I heard that people will start forming the line as early as 2AM. It indeed is a crazy idea, but who cares, this only happen once a year. Some stores offer free gift cards for the early birds ... either way, everyone wins.

As I mull over my own life, I feel nothing else but extremely grateful. After life in Canada, both Mr. Tomato and myself returned homes (in Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia) for a couple months before coming to Richmond, US. Life here has been great so far. Of course there were some highs and lows, and I bet that will happen again, but hey, this is real life. Nothing can be absolute perfect, but admittedly we are living a felicity life. We have successfully received all the necessary documents, we even have our driving licenses here. We both landed our ideal jobs; I finally fulfilled my dream as I have always wanted to work in a same hospital with my significant other. At least once, I asked. My wish has been wondefully granted. Although we have different positions, we both share the pride of white coats. Am so happy to return to a clinical lab setting once again after immersing myself in research labs during the previous years in Canada. We have two cars now because we have different working schedule. We reside in Richmond, a place that people are generally nice (like Halifax, Canada) and Asian groceries are easily available. Hey, the latter factor sure is something important as instead of asking my mum to mail over the cooking stuffs I need, I can now get them here. When I knew we would start a brand new chapter in US, I have secretly wished that we would be in a place that we would have easier access to Chinese groceries. And yes, this wish was granted as well. So, can you see how happy I am?

The current life has been everything that I asked for, especially back in those days. I am so grateful that after all the tears and fears, I can happily leave that matter behind and move on. For now, I shall concentrate on my career, my merry days with my fiancé, and working as the wedding planner for my very own wedding in 2007. Of course obstacles always happen when you least expected, but I hope I can be optimistic regardless.

For now, I'll like to express my gratitudes to many people.

I thank my parents for their wonderful support throughout my growth and my life. I thank my siblings for being there whenever I need them. I thank my great great friends (you know who you are out there) for entering my life and play great roles; your concerns, you encouragements, your kindness, your loves are endless, and I cherish them with all my heart. I thank everyone who has helped me directly, or indirectly, in all aspects. I thank the authority who offered an ideal job to me. I thank all of you who read my blogs, be it regularly, or irregularly. I never knew I could meet so many kindred spirits out there simply by having a blog. I am glad that I did and I have you all with me. Being a blogger myself and having a chance to meet so many bloggers have constantly brought in so many surprises to me. Through this blogosphere, I get to meet so many wonderful Malaysians that I don't think I'll ever have a chance to meet in real life; I get to share so many awe-inspiring stories, etc. Blogs are like my daily bread now, something I am in need to feed myself. You all have done great great jobs, and I thank you all from the bottom of my heart.

The last but not the least, this moment goes to you, Mr. Tomato. You were there, and will always be there for me throughout. My life will never be so complete without you. You're my dream catcher, and together we make our dreams come true. Yes, I love you.

May all of you have great Thanksgiving celebration, and many more great days/years to come.

6 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Happy Thanksgiving ..GA..!!

8:13 PM

 
Blogger Ariel said...

Awww... wat a lovely tribute. Happy thanksgiving! And welcome back from the exciting Big Apple. Managed to visit The Met? That's my ultimate fav NY hangout.

12:48 AM

 
Blogger ZMM said...

Hey, I'd heard so much about you from Twinsmum' site I just have to come visit your blog.

This is a good post. We really have to count out blessings and start giving thanks.

Happy Thanks Giving.

I'll come visit more often.

4:50 AM

 
Blogger FooDcrazEE said...

a very good thanxgiving indeed.

6:19 AM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

谢天谢地谢谢你 :).

2:19 AM

 
Blogger shiaulin said...

谢谢...

感恩节快乐!

7:25 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

 

Tomato & Greenapple's 8th Dating Anni.
Daisypath Ticker