Life is a jigsaw puzzle. Every segment of the puzzle is formed by different elements of life. I cherish all my felicity elements, what about you?

Sunday, November 13, 2005

DeepaRaya Celebration.

I know a lot of you had great fun a couple of days ago busy celebrating DeepaRaya. Yes, I might not be at home now to join the fun, but hey, who said we can't do it here?

Just now, we had a DeepaRaya celebration. It was a potluck style dinner, and around 40 over ppl attended the blast ... Oh, what a meriah night. There were Malaysians, Singaporeans, Indonesians, Taiwanese in the gathering and I never felt that I'm indeed living in a foreign country! I heard Malay language all around ... Thanks to many Malay friend who attended the event, we had all sorts of AUTHENTIC Malay food ... The event was exactly the same like the Raya open house in Malaysia I attended before, except no one gave duit raya. =)

Ahhh, we are so going to do this again next year!


Ayam Goreng Asam.

Nasi Kunyit.

Dried Rendang.

Kari Ayam.

Telur Pedas.

Fried Popiah.

Dessert: Special Crepe with custard filling. (A production of yours truly.)

Satay, Ketupat.

The broth of Laksa Lemak.

The noodles for Laksa, and some mee goreng.

Exotic Salad. (Pineapples, Bombay onions, english cucumber with dried shrimps)

Kari Udang.

Sambal Asparagus.

Aside from all these, we also had gado-gado (Indonesian food), empek-empek (Indonesian food), roti canai, cornflake cookies, agar-agar, nasi pulut hitam ....

We did good, didn't we?

What a memorable night.

10 Comments:

Blogger FooDcrazEE said...

nice...now who's the expert........u ler greenapple!

7:29 AM

 
Blogger Gina said...

I am having char siew pao while reading this.. hmmmmm.... I am so jealous of you!

10:36 AM

 
Blogger shiaulin said...

wahlao... that's always so many nice food in ur blog... *drooling*

10:36 AM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You did really well.. GA..!! i didn't know that you had so many asians there.. ;) that's too cool..!!

11:20 AM

 
Blogger Greenapple said...

foodcrazee, I only brought dessert as I figured that those malay food isn't really my forte. other ppl brought the curry food lah, not me.

gina, there is nothing for you to jealous about! you're right there in Malaysia, to have all these food. we, here, on the other hand, have to try our best to bring these all out to happen.

shiaulin, i'm lazy to type other type of post mah ... posting about food is easy! hehe.

mamabok, generally there are more asians in US than in Canada. I've been there before, so I know. Yeah, I'm happy to be here now, as it is much easier to get chinese groceries.

12:14 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

ai yoh...you all have a memorable night, I have a memorable blog *sigh*... the 1st picture of chicken wings already kill me gao-gao, and the broth of Curry...OH... Greenapple... you have no idea what damage you have done to my tummy...

9:45 AM

 
Blogger Gene Lim said...

wow! U guys are really good!
got any recipes for all the food?q

2:02 PM

 
Blogger boo_licious said...

Lovely celebrations! The crepes look yummy.

2:28 PM

 
Blogger day-dreamer said...

Yummy! *licks licks*

9:27 AM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Very cool design! Useful information. Go on! wisconsin bingo supply Personal consequences of debt Hong kong horse racing opticon portable laser barcode scanner http://www.training-management-4.info/Valtrex.html

2:59 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

 

Tomato & Greenapple's 8th Dating Anni.
Daisypath Ticker