Life is a jigsaw puzzle. Every segment of the puzzle is formed by different elements of life. I cherish all my felicity elements, what about you?

Wednesday, October 12, 2005

Easy Peasy Gourmet Satay Recipe




To me, making satay isn't really a tough job. No joke. As long as you don't mind doing the work, you can easily make the satays that taste as good, if not better, than the satays that are sold by the satay stalls. The peanut satay sauce, however, can be more challenging. I will only focus on the recipe of satay in this post.




As we all know, the key ingredient to make savoury satay is the marinade sauce. You may certainly follow the tradisional way by using various types of herbs and spices to marinade the meat. However, I have discovered an easier way to achieve the same result. My secret recipe?






<- Tada ... Lee Kum Kee (LKK)'s Curry Sauce









I was still studying in Canada the first time I bought the sauce. I bought it as I thought it would be great to go with noodles, like say, making curry mee. Well, the taste didn't quite turn out to be how I would imagine. For a really long time, I didn't know what to do with it. Some day, out of the blue, I took the sauce out from my fridge again, and used it as a marinade. Little did I know that the meat marinaded with this LKK curry sauce would resemble the taste of satay! Satay chicken, minus the skewers, grill to perfection. Greenapple's signature dish. Haha.

Subsequently, whenever I wanna make satay, a bottle of LKK Curry Sauce is a must. You can add in some cumin powder and lemon grass powder to further enhance the aroma. However, in my dim view, the sauce works great as it is. To ensure the meat absorbs the flavour fully, I think it is crucial to marinade the meat overnight before cooking. This way, the meat will incorporate with the marinade sauce really well.

So, if you have an oven at home, and you happen to have a crave for satay, why not try to make them at home? It's healthier, more hygienic, equally flavourful ...

Bon Appétit!

5 Comments:

Blogger Sebastian's mommy said...

Wow!! Thanks for your tips!

2:24 AM

 
Blogger boo_licious said...

Amazing, who would have thot LKK curry sauce will be a great satay marinade. Thanks for the great tip.

6:39 AM

 
Blogger Greenapple said...

sansan, yeah, go try it out and report back.ha!

hey boo, well, that was what i think. i might be wrong, do let me know what do u think if u have tried it out.

2:21 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow..! thanks for sharing..! now i can make satay for my spouse.. and brat.. ;)

3:33 PM

 
Blogger *kel said...

i tried out your suggestion for satay. Results are incredible! Thanks for the tip!!
k

3:51 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

 

Tomato & Greenapple's 8th Dating Anni.
Daisypath Ticker