Life is a jigsaw puzzle. Every segment of the puzzle is formed by different elements of life. I cherish all my felicity elements, what about you?

Saturday, October 01, 2005

Mushroom soup with Puff Pastry Lid



Yesterday night I made mushroom soup with puff pastry lid to go with my baked-rice with cheese casserole. It was amusing to have something rather special.


The soup? Nothing too complicated as I used canned soup. First I made the soup, then I scooped my soup into a bakeware. Next, I cover the bakeware with a layer of puff pastry as lid. The puff pastry I used was the one mentioned in the Portuguese Egg Tart post. I guess you can lightly brush some beaten egg-yolk over the puff pastry for a more yellowish contrast and nicer presentation. But I think I did alright.



The puff pastry went well with the cream-based soup! When the pastry pieces were submerged into the soup, they were soft on the edge but still crunchy inside. What a great appetizer!

I had great fun with it, go try! ;)

8 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

early in the morning...I not yet have my breakfast...you so bad...next time I should eat first then check your blog...you so bad...

9:37 PM

 
Blogger domesticgoddess said...

like what they serve in Dome! courier one over? :P

12:46 AM

 
Blogger RenderB said...

Was good fun to make and quite tasty. Though I made a slight alteration and went for a diferent kind of soup. (Unlike you I do not have a love for mushrooms.) Went with Konginne soup. (Translates to queen's soup from dutch. Don't know why that is. Either it has some link to the royal family or it has one VERY rare ingredient ;-P) It turned out to be a very good combination indeed. :-)

3:20 AM

 
Blogger boo_licious said...

I like my soup with a puff pastry lid. Reminds me of this place called Italian Tomato in 1Utama that has closed down already.

5:24 AM

 
Blogger Greenapple said...

maria, haha, yes, i'm bad, but you're worse. we're equal now. haha.

o, dometicgoddess, it's really easy, and it probably cost a lot lesser if i courier one for you. why not try it out yourself?

humblewarrior, if you happen to come over to my place next time, i'll cook for you. easier than courier leh. it's even easier if you make it yourself.

hey renderb, glad that you tried it. no, i don't quite know what Konginne soup is, but I really glad that you like it, and it did turn out to be a good combination.

boo, no worry lah, with your skills, you can easily make the Italian food yourself.

12:23 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Looking for information and found it at this great site... 10mp megapixel camcorder digital camera video cam mp kitchen pull out faucets closeouts Bmw rim tire tight faucet Bell south conferencing Coffee drip maker Merchant account mlb standings Paintballing uttoxeter Alabamas cah craps Job search vermont Rent refrigerators Cheap calls to spain from uk Fairmont lisa mccutcheon dodge ram official seat covers China mcse Ultram pegs hosting Porcelain faucet handles

8:44 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

felicity-wishes.blogspot.com; You saved my day again.

12:05 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sorry for my bad english. Thank you so much for your good post. Your post helped me in my college assignment, If you can provide me more details please email me.

7:35 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

 

Tomato & Greenapple's 8th Dating Anni.
Daisypath Ticker