Life is a jigsaw puzzle. Every segment of the puzzle is formed by different elements of life. I cherish all my felicity elements, what about you?

Tuesday, September 27, 2005

Greenapple and Tomato

Yes, greenapple is my chosen nickname. I started using such nick during my senior high school years, for I was (still am, indeed) too fond of the yellowish-green colour of greenapple. That colour has always been my most favourite colour. There were two instances where I would use such nick: 1) when I wrote letters to a radio station for the DJs (Anonymity is important, isn't it?); 2) when I made my cards for my fellow friends (Yes, I would prefer making D-I-Y cards, rather than purchasing commercial cards. Aside from the fact that ppl would appreciate self-made cards more, it's fun to make things yourself!), I would normally sign 'Greenapple ® Studio' at the rear page of the card. Cool huh? Then I would add another line like 'A proud product of Greenapple ® Studio', or 'this card is specially dedicated to xxxxx', something like that. Ahhh, thinking about this made me wallow in nostalgia ... High school years were almost a decade away now. Where are those friends now? In addition, where are the cards that I made? Oh well, no matter where they are, I hope they're not in the trash bin! Heh.

As for Tomato, yes, this is my fiancé's chosen nickname. I did not come out this name myself. Actually it was a nick he used to use in high school too. We weren't studying in the same high school back then. I did not know the exact scenario about how did the name come about, but I was told that it is a nick given by his fellow high school mates due to the similar 'sound' of his name. The relationship goes something like this: Mr.Tomato's real name ≈ Franco ≈ fan keh (tomato in Cantonese) [≈ means similar to], so finally he settled at the name Tomato as nick ...

When I came across his nick when we first met, I thought Tomato was a cute nick. Later on when we started dating, I thought greenapple and tomato would make a perfect match. Haha. At least both are fresh produce, both are healthy food, and both are similar in size. The green colour apple would make a good contrast with the red tomato. You think?


9 Comments:

Blogger boo_licious said...

I think green apple look great with tomato, the contrast of colour is beautiful.

Great story about how you two got your nicknames. I used to share a flat with a girl called Lettuce!

3:22 PM

 
Blogger Greenapple said...

haha, thanks for sharing boo. Seriously, I can't imagine using such name in reality, haha. Lettuce is a cute nick, I think cabbage cauliflower even guylan can be adorable too. But better don't use them as real name. Don't you think?

Anyhow, thanks for your comment about this post. I really appreciate that.

3:28 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

both healthy fruit and veggie :D.

2:42 AM

 
Blogger Greenapple said...

maria ... haha, thanks ...

glutton rabbit, yaloh, end up in a same melting pot, like happy family ... haha. which is true too. it's really cute of u saying the farm, then plucked by farmer ... it makes my story cuter.

12:08 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

i love eating both the apple for their pectin and tomatoes for their lycopene. i have a recipe for tomamto sauce in my blog if you like that. And i made tons of greeting cards during my schooldays. Really good pocket money.

12:19 AM

 
Blogger Greenapple said...

hey samm, i'll for sure wanna try out your tomato sauce recipe! glad to know that you're a big D-I-Y fan too.
hope to share more of your organic life through your blog.

2:39 AM

 
Blogger Allyfeel said...

What a gorgeously smashing match! :P

2:53 AM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

What a great site » » »

3:31 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

[url=http://vtyupdr.com]gVcaLAONRk[/url] - PfhEEGpOXjYx , http://iluubcb.com

11:21 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

 

Tomato & Greenapple's 8th Dating Anni.
Daisypath Ticker