Life is a jigsaw puzzle. Every segment of the puzzle is formed by different elements of life. I cherish all my felicity elements, what about you?

Tuesday, September 27, 2005

Greenapple and Tomato

Yes, greenapple is my chosen nickname. I started using such nick during my senior high school years, for I was (still am, indeed) too fond of the yellowish-green colour of greenapple. That colour has always been my most favourite colour. There were two instances where I would use such nick: 1) when I wrote letters to a radio station for the DJs (Anonymity is important, isn't it?); 2) when I made my cards for my fellow friends (Yes, I would prefer making D-I-Y cards, rather than purchasing commercial cards. Aside from the fact that ppl would appreciate self-made cards more, it's fun to make things yourself!), I would normally sign 'Greenapple ® Studio' at the rear page of the card. Cool huh? Then I would add another line like 'A proud product of Greenapple ® Studio', or 'this card is specially dedicated to xxxxx', something like that. Ahhh, thinking about this made me wallow in nostalgia ... High school years were almost a decade away now. Where are those friends now? In addition, where are the cards that I made? Oh well, no matter where they are, I hope they're not in the trash bin! Heh.

As for Tomato, yes, this is my fiancé's chosen nickname. I did not come out this name myself. Actually it was a nick he used to use in high school too. We weren't studying in the same high school back then. I did not know the exact scenario about how did the name come about, but I was told that it is a nick given by his fellow high school mates due to the similar 'sound' of his name. The relationship goes something like this: Mr.Tomato's real name ≈ Franco ≈ fan keh (tomato in Cantonese) [≈ means similar to], so finally he settled at the name Tomato as nick ...

When I came across his nick when we first met, I thought Tomato was a cute nick. Later on when we started dating, I thought greenapple and tomato would make a perfect match. Haha. At least both are fresh produce, both are healthy food, and both are similar in size. The green colour apple would make a good contrast with the red tomato. You think?


10 Comments:

Blogger boo_licious said...

I think green apple look great with tomato, the contrast of colour is beautiful.

Great story about how you two got your nicknames. I used to share a flat with a girl called Lettuce!

3:22 PM

 
Blogger Greenapple said...

haha, thanks for sharing boo. Seriously, I can't imagine using such name in reality, haha. Lettuce is a cute nick, I think cabbage cauliflower even guylan can be adorable too. But better don't use them as real name. Don't you think?

Anyhow, thanks for your comment about this post. I really appreciate that.

3:28 PM

 
Anonymous maria said...

both healthy fruit and veggie :D.

2:42 AM

 
Blogger glutton rabbit said...

Green apple and tomato are very cute nicknames. Both live in the farm, grew up together, plucked by the farmer and end up in the same cooking pot together hehe.. just kidding. Really cute, that's what I'm trying to say ; )

7:48 AM

 
Blogger Greenapple said...

maria ... haha, thanks ...

glutton rabbit, yaloh, end up in a same melting pot, like happy family ... haha. which is true too. it's really cute of u saying the farm, then plucked by farmer ... it makes my story cuter.

12:08 PM

 
Anonymous Samm said...

i love eating both the apple for their pectin and tomatoes for their lycopene. i have a recipe for tomamto sauce in my blog if you like that. And i made tons of greeting cards during my schooldays. Really good pocket money.

12:19 AM

 
Blogger Greenapple said...

hey samm, i'll for sure wanna try out your tomato sauce recipe! glad to know that you're a big D-I-Y fan too.
hope to share more of your organic life through your blog.

2:39 AM

 
Blogger Allyfeel said...

What a gorgeously smashing match! :P

2:53 AM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

What a great site » » »

3:31 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

[url=http://vtyupdr.com]gVcaLAONRk[/url] - PfhEEGpOXjYx , http://iluubcb.com

11:21 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

 

Tomato & Greenapple's 8th Dating Anni.
Daisypath Ticker