Life is a jigsaw puzzle. Every segment of the puzzle is formed by different elements of life. I cherish all my felicity elements, what about you?

Thursday, December 08, 2005

De-Lovely.

I saw the trailer of De-Lovely long before the movie was screened in cinemas. I knew I would wanna watch it in the cinema, but for some reason, I missed it. I thought this movie would make a big opening, as the trailer looked awesome to me, it didn't turn out as grand as I thought. Anyhow, I had a chance to watch this DVD a few days ago, and I have to tell you, I love it. This is a biography, a love story, and a musical (broadway) show, all in ONE package. I am amazed by the quality of the movie. Not only that the plot was well written, all the singings and dancing are genuinely good too. Basically, it's a biography of Cole Porter, one of the greatest broadway song writer in US. Kevin Kline did a wonderful job in playing the role. I never know this man can sing, and play piano! Ashley Judd is such an epic beauty! I could definitely get the 'Audrey Hepburn' kind of feeling from her. To me, no one could do a better job than her. In addition to these two leading actor/actress, you get to see some famous singers in the show. Robbie Williams, Sheryl Crow, Natalie Cole, Diana Krall, Alanis Morissette, just to name a few. All the songs are terrific, and according to the director of the movie, there are 30 songs in it! It is so broadway!

If you're looking for a great Christmas present idea, go get this DVD. If you're looking for a great movie to watch, go rent/buy this DVD. I hope you'll enjoy the show as much as I do.


7 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow, nice review. Will put this in my 'Must Watch' list :D

11:02 AM

 
Blogger ZMM said...

Ok, when I got the time, will go to the Wisma HLA peddlar to see if she has a copy.

11:39 AM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey..GA,
I saw this movie too.. but it was too musical for my liking.. but it was a good show though.. :)

1:45 PM

 
Blogger Greenapple said...

Coolcat, thanks. Go watch it, and I hope you like it. Who knows, one day you'll be on a broadway stage too. Ha!

Zara's mum, may you like the show.

Mamabok, oh, really, so you aren't a musical fan? Anyhow, glad that you at least enjoyed the movie ... (I Hope!)

8:52 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I found a lot Hollywood star pack with good voice, but they very professional, never simply come out with album like HK, Taiwan star -- if you can sing you will act, or other way.

9:31 AM

 
Blogger Greenapple said...

that's true, maria.
in taiwan and HK, almost all the actors will try to make a few albums too, regardless of their talent in singing.
aigh, just another way to earn fans' money.

10:56 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Where did you find it? Interesting read » »

8:40 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

 

Tomato & Greenapple's 8th Dating Anni.
Daisypath Ticker