Life is a jigsaw puzzle. Every segment of the puzzle is formed by different elements of life. I cherish all my felicity elements, what about you?

Sunday, December 04, 2005

Rambutan.


A few months ago I'd written a post about the rambutan tree in my house. It is a tree planted by my mum a few years back. Despite my parents effort (removing weeds, adding tons of organic fertilizer), the tree never flowers, only until recently. Now? The once lil' tree, is now the supplier of rambutan for my family, and possibly my neighbourhood. Ha!

What a fruitful experience for my parents.

Why, why this didn't happen when I was home? Arrrgggghhh!!

8 Comments:

Blogger Gina said...

When I was young, I used to eat rambutan till I fall sick. It is like a routine. Every year at my grandma's place in Penang. It was like a orchard out there!! We have koko, rambutan, ciku, durians, coconut... those were the good old times.

9:18 AM

 
Blogger Greenapple said...

dear gina,

oh, i have never seen KOKo in my life .. how does tht look like? yeah .. orchard, what a heaven, eh?

well, at least you can buy them even if you don't get to pluck some yourself. that's good enough, right?

9:56 AM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hee, I had homegrown rambutans when I visited my rellies last week. Tasted yummy!

10:05 AM

 
Blogger Chen said...

earlier on I thought u are growing rambutan in US when I looked at the picture initially prior to reading your post :P

Now I can see rambutans & durians in the market again..

11:08 AM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love rambutans too.. !! but i get sick everytime.. i have them... because they are far too heaty for my body.. :(

12:44 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

yah, all the rambutan trees in the area I stay fruitty-tutty now, but nobody care to offer, I still see it un touch since last weekend.

10:38 PM

 
Blogger Samm said...

Gawd, i havent had rambutans in ages. But then, they make my throat itchy and i cough badly after that :(

9:16 AM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Very cool design! Useful information. Go on! Free and spyware buick open golf tournament La fitness louis welch Dog crap disposal bags diagnostic set blood pressure monitor debt help

7:40 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

 

Tomato & Greenapple's 8th Dating Anni.
Daisypath Ticker