Life is a jigsaw puzzle. Every segment of the puzzle is formed by different elements of life. I cherish all my felicity elements, what about you?

Wednesday, February 22, 2006

More Cartoons ... (Part II)

Doraemon.
Doraemon, in my opinion, is one of the best classic cartoon, and last the longest in history. I bet all of us had at least dreamt of having a Doraemon of our very own so that we are granted the chance to use all sorts of superpowerful gadgets that are readily available in Doraemon's 4-dimensional pocket. Nice, isn't it?

Mickey Mouse
Mickey and friends are the forever icons of Disney. I love them. All of us love them. I think my kids will love them too.

It is so good that Disney is making House of Mouse these days. Believe it or not, this is a must show watch for me. Every day 830-9am, this is the show for me. So relieving after a full night of work.







The Looney Tunes
I prefer Disney's production more, but they are actually pretty good too.


Tom and Jerry
One of the best way to get a laughter. Tom is forever stupid and Jerry would forever out-compete the cat. Always hilarious.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

When I was young, my father used to suscribe a Chinese children comic book called Er Tong Le Yuan (儿童乐园). I made a foolish mistake when I was in junior high as I threw them away ... To think of it now, those were some of the precious gifts I was given when I was young from my parents ... stupid me.

Anyhow, the comic book would appear in my mailbox once in a fortnight (if I am not wrong). Through that comic book, I was introduced to various Western cartoons that was not seen anywhere that I could remember in Malaysia. Nonetheless, many of those cartoons are still showing here in North America, hence brought back the memories.

Below are a few:

The Berenstain Bears
I am a big fan of the Berenstain Bears. Still am, actually. The unique thing about this cartoon is that their story lines always have an inclination to impart good manners to kids. They inspire kids to say 'Thank you' and 'Please'. They teach kids to be grateful and don't take things for granted. They teach kids about effective time management. They teach kids to appreciate friends from different culture. They teach kids to obey other people's preference ... etc. I am always amazed by the plot. If you have kids of kindy years, I highly recommend this cartoon.

The Arthur
A cartoon that talks about friends, families, schools, etc. Didn't watch too much of it, but it's still around in North America.

Clifford the Big Red Dog
Clifford is a giant dog. He is extremely helpful, and friendly at the same time.
Didn't watch too much of this either.

The last, but not the least...

The Curious George
I haven't seen this cartoon before, and am unsure whether was there any cartoon out of this production or it's just the cartoon drawings that are popular. But I have seen the poster of The Curious George as one of the best seller everywhere. Currently there is a Curious George movie on the cinema too, voice featuring Will Ferrell and Drew Barrymore. I think it's really cute.

So, what do you remember about cartoons?
Perhaps we can start a new cycle of memes, eh? Ha!

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh, I made a lot Mickey Mouse birthday cake too hahaha....

12:51 AM

 
Blogger ZMM said...

Hey, I remember 儿童乐园 and Xiau Ding Dang too..

And I was as foolish.. A lot of my old books have been thrown away.. heaps of 儿童乐园! And other kids' literature.. Didn't know how to treasure them.

I wonder how much you can sell them in eBay now if you are still keeping it. Hmmm..

3:17 AM

 
Blogger Chen said...

I read 儿童乐园 too during my primary school time..
I think all the comics were thrown away already..
*pity*

2:57 AM

 
Blogger Dragon City said...

i prefer japanese comics like slamdunk, GTO and dragon balls...hehe

3:37 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

 

Tomato & Greenapple's 8th Dating Anni.
Daisypath Ticker