Life is a jigsaw puzzle. Every segment of the puzzle is formed by different elements of life. I cherish all my felicity elements, what about you?

Thursday, November 09, 2006

Slap forehead!!

Sis: Hey brother, how are you these days?

Bro: Good, good, can kill tiger.

Sis: Good to hear that. So have you been eating healthily as an effort to recover better from the disease?

Bro: Oh, my appetite has been really well. I eat a lot these days after I am discharged from the hospital. I basically have been eating everything. I had my lunch at McD today.

Sis: (-_-''') What! You had greasy food today? I thought I made it clear that you shall try to avoid unhealthy food for a while?

Bro: Why? I am not having fever anymore. My platelet count has returned to normal level ...

Sis: Yes, your fever has subsided, and your platelet count is now back at the normal range, but didn't you know that your liver enzymes level has elevated to an abnormal level?

Bro: Oh, really? I thought the higher the level the better, like my platelet count!

Sis: (Slap forehead!) NONONONO!!!! Your AST count is 306 (normal reference range given by the lab: 16-40), ALT count 312 (normal reference range 8-54) etc ... Even when I was under my anti-TB therapy, given the high liver toxicity my liver enzymes never give so high reading! Your liver obviously is inflamed as a complication of Dengue....

Bro: Oh, is that serious?

Sis: Well, that just means that we have to work hard on eliminating extra burden for your liver right now, and make sure you have enough rest and enough liquids and great amount of nutritious food to replenish your body ...

Bro: Oh shoot ... I had mamak food yesterday ...

Sis: You what!!!!!!!!

Bro: And I have been returning to the field and play football a few days ago.

Sis: (SLAP FOREHEAD AGAIN!!) Hey brother don't you know that due to the inflammation your liver is slightly enlarged now? You only discharged from hospital last Friday can't you wait at least a few more days (or better still, weeks) before you become THAT active?

Bro: I have to get fit again ...

Sis: Yes you can do that but your body needs to recover you know? You cannot take your body for granted ... For everyone's sake you just recovered from DENGUE!! And your platelet count was that low and you had 4 pint of platelet transfusion blah blah blah blah blah ...

Bro: Okay okay ... honestly I didn't know this is so severe ...

Sis: (slap forehead uncountable times ... ) {speechless}

Bro: To be honest with you I plan to have some alcohol on Friday night with my buddies ... I am sure that is forbidden too ...

Sis: WHAT? ALCOHOL? Are you trying to kill yourself? (I can practically slap my forehead until I pass out ...)

Bro: Okay .. okay ... I know now .. I know ...


Ppl, don't take life for granted ... please ...

I can vomit blood ... !!

7 Comments:

Blogger Egghead said...

LOL! must be a lot of "piak! piak!" sound over the phone!
can't imagine how red are both your foreheads after hanging up :P

10:50 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

哈哈哈...对话间很多特别音响噢,两个盖了电话都成‘寿星公’了。

11:24 PM

 
Blogger shoppingmum said...

Your brother must be very young huh? Still not "kan cheong" with his health.

12:26 AM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yer brother so honest lah..!! gotta give him credit for that.. GA..!
i laughed so hard.. just imagining you having this conversation with your bro.. ;)

3:21 AM

 
Blogger domesticgoddess said...

your forehead must be so red now LOL!

4:09 AM

 
Blogger Princess Yoyo & family said...

good to hear your brother is fine now, but i also can imagine how geram you were on the phone with him ...... ;)
"Hello, Brother, your sis sayang lah!!"

7:20 AM

 
Blogger day-dreamer said...

LOL~!

Hope you brother takes good care of himself... and hope you can relax...

Cheers!

10:37 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

 

Tomato & Greenapple's 8th Dating Anni.
Daisypath Ticker