Maggi Mee Goreng (easy version)
When it comes to instant noodles, I like mine either dried, or fried. Occasionally I'll go for the soup, that is, only occasionally.
This is what I often make using instant noodles - maggi mee goreng. It is very similar to mamak style cooking, except mine is simpler, in the sense of complexity and number of ingredients.
Ingredients: (for 2 person)
- Instant noodles 2 packets.
- Vege (can be beansprouts, sliced cabbage, sliced Nappa, sawi ... ). If you have tomatoes on hand you can add them in too.
- 1 egg
- curry powder 1 tbsp
- sugar - a pinch
- crisp shallots
- 1 clove of garlic, chopped.
- half lemon, or 1 lime
- (optional) chilli powder
- Cook the instant noodles till soft. Drain, and keep it aside.
- Place wok over medium-high heat, lightly fry the chopped garlic.
- Add in the vege (if you're using bean sprouts, do not add in now, see step # 7), stir fry for 1-2 minute.
- Add in noodles. Continue frying.
- Add in curry powder, (chilli powder, if you like it spicier), a pinch of sugar, and half to entire packet of seasoning (that comes together with the instant noodle) to taste. You can add in a lil' bit of soy sauce if you want to.
- Push noodles to the edge of wok to create a 'well' in the middle of the pan. Crack in the egg. Stir them around to scramble them and when the egg start to set, combine with the noodles.
- Add in bean sprouts, fry on high heat for another 1-2 min.
- Squeesh in the lemon/lime juice to the noodles. Garnish the top with crisp shallots.