Life is a jigsaw puzzle. Every segment of the puzzle is formed by different elements of life. I cherish all my felicity elements, what about you?

Saturday, October 22, 2005

Roti Canai.



We found packaged Roti Canai from the frozen aisle of a local Indian grocery store, and guess what, it's Buatan Malaysia! As a proud Malaysian, of course we must give it a try...

Each packet consists of 5 roti, and costs us US$1.99. So one roti costs US$0.40=RM1.504. Okaylah, the price is considered as reasonable.


It's really easy to make. Too bad I didn't have curry to go with it. Will definitely have curry with my roti next time.


Another mamak food from my kitchen.

Heh, who say home is far away?

9 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

他乡遇故知?No curry nvm lar, eat with white sugar also very nice wor, now I am drooling...

3:42 AM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Haha, now I know why Singaporeans call it Roti Prata. I only know it as Roti Kosong/Canai :P You can start a mamak stall there already, GA.

9:45 AM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

GA, you so lucky..!! i got the curry..just send me the para-tha.. and i send you the curry.. ok..?? fair right..?? hehhehhee!!

3:41 PM

 
Blogger vagus said...

omigod. we have the same brand. costs only USD1.50

11:14 PM

 
Blogger Greenapple said...

maria, I've never tried it with sugar. Perhaps I'll give it a try, but I think the roti is as good as it is.

coolcat, i have no idea why it is called Roti Paratha ... Perhaps Indians call it that way?

MamaBok, I'll love to, but it's frozen product, so I don't think I can send perishable products through mail. Let's see how.

Vagus, really? Good for you. Actually the shop was having a Deepavali sale, buy 2 get 1 free ... so US$4 for 3 packets ... Perhaps I shall keep a stock of such item, eh?

11:27 PM

 
Blogger boo_licious said...

I like this brand too, tried it once for a camping trip.

5:18 AM

 
Blogger Greenapple said...

boo and glu .. ya, i was so excited to see such item too. I think I'm gonna go stock up this item as they're having a Deepavali sale, buy 2 get 1 free ...
Such a gem!

2:45 PM

 
Blogger Allyfeel said...

Roti eating with white sugar is very nice one... I used to eat it when I was young, give it a try greenapple.

3:35 AM

 
Blogger Greenapple said...

since you say that, ally, roti with sugar it is the next time I make this. haha. thanks.

11:48 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

 

Tomato & Greenapple's 8th Dating Anni.
Daisypath Ticker