Life is a jigsaw puzzle. Every segment of the puzzle is formed by different elements of life. I cherish all my felicity elements, what about you?

Sunday, March 05, 2006

Chinese chives with chicken fried rice.

I am pretty good at making my own 30 minutes meals as part of my quotidian routine. I would normally open my fridge, see what's available in it, and start brainstorming. This dish was something I had never tried before previously, but it turned out to be one pretty delicious meal.

In the fridge, I had: 1)mince chicken, 2) Chinese Chives, 3) cooked brown rice. Aigh, fried rice it is, I thought. So I quickly marinaded my mince chicken with 1 egg, corn starch, soy sauce, sesame oil, dash of pepper, salt and dried basil (I always add a dash of this herb into my meat as one of the marinade, I just like it that way as I like the aroma). Next I chopped the Chinese chives, as well as 3 cloves of garlic. The next thing I knew, everything could go into the wok.

Procedures:
1) To a hot wok, add in 1 tbspn of vege oil. When the oil is warm enough, add in the garlic.
2) Add in the mince chicken and stir fry for a few minutes. Try to separate all the chicken by preventing them to form a big chunk. Keep on stir frying until the meat are almost cook.
3) Add in Chinese chives, continute stir fry.
4) Add in some salt and soy sauce.
5) Add in the brown rice. Stir fry. Salt and soy sauce to taste.
6) A meal is ready to be consumed, maybe less than 30 minutes!

The end result:
L: Picture taken with flash.
R: Picture taken without flash.

I like it. You get the carb, the protein, and the fibre. Overnight brown rice taste incredibly good, and in my dim view, tasted better than freshly cooked from the rice cooker. I have recently resolved into eating only brown rice, instead of half white rice: half brown rice. Brown rice works really well in this dish.

This is another way of using Chinese chives, instead of frying with egg, or make Chinese chives dumplings with mince pork/chicken.

2 Comments:

Blogger shiaulin said...

wow yum yum... :)

Use overnight rice for fried rice is always taste better than freshly cooked rice. Usually I will crack an egg in to the wok after stir fried the meat, cos meat need to cook longger than egg right?

keep some salted fish in ur fridge, can use it to fry rice too (although not so healthy but it's yummy :p)

10:46 AM

 
Blogger ZMM said...

Ah.. looks lovely..
I normally fry rice with spring onion but not chieves.. but I guess it would have been good.

10:37 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

 

Tomato & Greenapple's 8th Dating Anni.
Daisypath Ticker