Life is a jigsaw puzzle. Every segment of the puzzle is formed by different elements of life. I cherish all my felicity elements, what about you?

Saturday, December 24, 2005

Merry Christmas!



So, this is Christmas …

A week ago, I knew Christmas was indeed fast approaching, but I never knew that it would be this weekend. How non-alert. Anyhow, it’s one of the most joyous times of the year. I am sure the jolly spirit overwhelms all of you. Everyone is either busy getting gifts, or planning a grand Christmas dinner. I hope everyone will have great holiday celebrations.

Speaking of Christmas, do you believe in Santa Claus? Or were you at least once a believer of this Ho-Ho-Ho man? Oh well, because I grew up in a tropical country, I never had a chance to believe so. Not only that my parents didn’t impart me, and hence created a scenario for me to believe, I speculated that there is no chimney nor fireplace in my house, so Santa Claus wouldn’t have a way to enter my house. On top of that, Malaysia is too far away from the North Pole, even the magical reindeers wouldn’t have the special power to bring Santa to travel afar. I always thought that such character only exists in fairy tales, or simply a beautiful legend to associate with the festive season. I also thought that everyone else would hold the same belief like me, only to realize that I was so wrong when I was in Canada.

Yes, the ‘ultimate’ Santa Claus doesn’t quite exist, but there are still Santa Clauses. No, I don’t mean those who dresses-up in the red suit and white beard that you see in shopping emporiums. Nah-ah. So, whom am I referring?

Have you watched the movie ‘Polar Express’ before? The movie did a great job in illustrating the legend of Christmas. In the movie, not only that Santa Claus does exist, he resides in the North Pole together with a huge population of Christmas elves. Christmas elves spend almost entire year to make toys and wrapping gifts. On the eve of Christmas, Santa Claus will ride on his sleigh (that has sleigh bells as ornaments), which is pulled by reindeers as his mode of transport to deliver the presents to well-behaved kids nationwide. Yes, such a beautiful legend, huh? If I tell you, kids over here believe the entire story, will that shock you? Oh, I just couldn’t bring myself to believe this when I first told by my friend here. Yeah, majority of the kids here will believe the existence Santa Claus, until they find out the reality either through peers, or they deliberate the truth themselves. It is a tradition over here that parents will strive their best to bring such belief to their kids. ‘Why?’ I asked. My friend, who is a mum to a precious daughter, told me ‘this will give the kids something to look forward’. With a brief pause, she continued ‘and of course, they will endeavor to be a better kid in order to have their dreams come true/get the much-desired gifts’. ‘But, won’t you feel hurt when you grow up only to realize that it was a big white lie?’ I asked again. To my disbelief, they don’t normally feel that way. Kids would sometimes argue with their friends about their believes. Nonetheless, when they soon find out the reality, they would be more grateful, as Santa Clauses are actually wonderful parents in disguise.

My friend then further told me that most of the parents would prepare some cookies and milk on their children’s behalf, and placed them on the table (mostly) by the Christmas tree. The snack is intended as a sign of appreciation to Mr. Claus when he comes. And you know what would happen? The parents would have a bite or two on the cookies! Ha! And the best part is, the cookies would then be shown to the kids the next day when they wake up, so they would have the perception that Santa indeed did come, and left them the wonderful gifts! Needless to say, I was astounded. My friend then jokingly said, ‘Oooh yeaaahhh, we’ll go that far.’ Lolz.

At this jolly season, I will like to wish all of you a very Merry Christmas.

May your dreams come true…
May you have tons of joyous moments with your love ones …
May you have great food and great laughs …

And most importantly,
May the Christmas spirit be with you, always …

Happy Holidays!

9 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Merry Xmas to you and yours..GA..!!

7:28 AM

 
Blogger shiaulin said...

Merry X'mas to u and Tomato!! May ur wish come true...

I love the Santa story, thanks for sharing it with us.

10:38 AM

 
Blogger boo_licious said...

Merry Christmas Greenapple and Tomato.

3:28 PM

 
Blogger FooDcrazEE said...

Merry Xmas Greenapple and Tomate ooops Tomato. Have a joyous holiday!

1:50 AM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I think I will do the same to my girls if I am one of your friend in western country, you should see how happy the girls saw the Santa Claus in Shopping Mall.

1:12 PM

 
Blogger mom2ashley said...

hahah...merry xmas! that'll be a good trick for the kids!

8:48 AM

 
Blogger Greenapple said...

dear ppl,

i hope you all maybe a lil' bit inspired by the way they celebrate the season here. i think i will most probably do it to my kids too.

1:20 AM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Keep up the good work join+affiliate+program sc webcams purchase diazepam on line zyban online http://www.zyban-5.info Ferrell kia of spartanburg

3:16 AM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Enjoyed a lot! » » »

6:47 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

 

Tomato & Greenapple's 8th Dating Anni.
Daisypath Ticker