Life is a jigsaw puzzle. Every segment of the puzzle is formed by different elements of life. I cherish all my felicity elements, what about you?

Monday, December 19, 2005

Stir Fry Vege with Chinese Wolfberry.


This is what I normally would do when I stir fry vege. I would add Chinese Wolfberry , or known as Chinese Matrimony Vine (枸杞,或杞子) while stir-frying. I started doing this about a year ago when I was in Canada. I was about to leave the country and there was still a packet of this Chinese herb sitting in my fridge. I did not wanna waste any of such good stuff. It is a well-known fact among the Chinese that this herb is good for one's vision. But having Chinese herbal chicken soup (most common way to use this herb) everyday didn't sound like a good idea either. Consequently, I tried to incorporate this herb to my cooking. I forgot what else I did, but to have it with stir fry vege is one of the best idea I have developed so far. I encourage you to try it out. Not only that you can have a faster turn-over rate for this item in your household, it actually tastes pretty good too together with your vege. It would bring some sweetness to your dish. On top of that, you know you're doing something beneficial to your eye.

Something to share.

13 Comments:

Blogger mom2ashley said...

yummmmm!

9:59 PM

 
Blogger shiaulin said...

yes i used it to fry vege too! it's tasted pretty good. Most of the vegetarian restaurant in Malaysia also use this for frying vege. 3 of my sisters actually pure vegetarian.

11:51 PM

 
Blogger Kampungkai said...

anything for the eyes, please. it adds color to the dish too ya? nice! wonder why is it called wolfberry, how come this wolf no legs?

3:02 AM

 
Blogger domesticgoddess said...

you can use it when you cook porridge (鸡粥或猪肉粥)too! give it extra sweetness!

5:10 AM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Cool to know..GA.. thanks..!! never thought of using wolfberries for vegies.. :)

9:03 AM

 
Blogger FooDcrazEE said...

yeah ! never thought of it that way even though i uses fruits to cook. Have tried with steamed chicken but bro....u shed some light for us man...kewl !

9:38 AM

 
Blogger ZMM said...

Good idea, will try it out.
I love kei-ji, but like you say, we always use it in herbal soup, or sometimes steam chicken. Maybe next time should try on steam fish and stir fry veg.

9:39 AM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

My dad makes it into tea (mixed with other stuff to make it sweeter) and make us drink it every single day. First tasting was a big bleh but finally got the hang of drinking it without grimace :P

9:56 AM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

oh...good idea wor...never thought of fry veggie with it.

belles have a lot of this since they start solid, I use d to cook porridge with it for them, now, I just add a bit in the rice for them.

10:13 AM

 
Blogger Greenapple said...

mom2ashley, =)

shiaulin, really? sigh, i thought it was my brilliant idea ... darn!

kampungkai, haha, you're funny. i guess it's just a name, like there isn't any straws in strawberries ... similar logic.

DG, yeah ... they do go well with congee too.

mamabok, sure, hope you'll like it.

foodcrazee, my pleasure, ha!

zara's mum, steam fish sounds like a great idea too!

coolcat, arrgh, now I know how does your perfect vision come from. looks like there is a secret recipe you have yet to share with your readers leh ...

maria, to cook it with rice sounds like a great idea to me too. might wanna try that out soon.

6:48 PM

 
Blogger day-dreamer said...

You are right. That dish with kei chi is very nice and nutricious. My aunt loves to cook cabbage with kei chi!

3:06 AM

 
Blogger Greenapple said...

day-dreamer, you may do it that way too! cheers!

1:21 AM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Looking for information and found it at this great site... water bed frame black card counting free jack words for penis Sex mr marcus style adult dvd catalogue allegra giuliani ricci nancy lane first time hardcore Blood+natural+pressure+reduce+ways mercedes benz Word finder scrabble helper 68 Free adult clips pda Ucsd refrigerators dorm Lamborghini countach repair manual mature sluts hardcore sex Tight sexy pants

2:18 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

 

Tomato & Greenapple's 8th Dating Anni.
Daisypath Ticker