Life is a jigsaw puzzle. Every segment of the puzzle is formed by different elements of life. I cherish all my felicity elements, what about you?

Tuesday, January 03, 2006

Konnyaku Jelly.


Konnyaku jelly, something I am crazy about. I love it; my family members love it, even my grandpa is a big fan of such dessert. I like it's unique texture, so Q-vy, so soft yet so firm at the same time. Sometimes I will have some longan to go with it, but I actually prefer having only the jelly, without any other fruits. That way, I can savour the jelly bits by bits.

Be forewarned, though, that this is an adult food. Konnyaku jelly, having konjac as its active ingredients, is a possible choking hazard for the kids. Such product imposes a high suffocation risk among children. As a matter of fact, Canada banned such food a few years ago, so does Australia. I was shocked when I learned about this. But I agree with the decision made by the authorities. So, do becareful if you're sharing this food with your younger one.

It makes me feel so weird that a food that I like so much is hazardous to certain people. Bah.

6 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I like it too, but my girls don't like it! they prefer the old fashion 燕菜,so I still got one pack not open :(.

3:12 AM

 
Blogger mom2ashley said...

hey i used to eat those when i was a kid!!! havent seen those in a while...

4:00 AM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love those too.. but i donch eat them often enough. .when i was in asia.. and now.. can't find them here.. at all.. bummer..! :(

7:01 AM

 
Blogger Babe_KL said...

there is one case here in msia last year or before last. there was a call to ban the jelly cup but till now no news! sighhhh

1:09 AM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi- I'm trying to buy some konnyaku jelly- I live in the North Eastern US- I wonder if you could tell me where I can buy it (mail order is fine)? Thank you--- Christine

5:20 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I have been looking for sites like this for a long time. Thank you! » » »

10:08 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

 

Tomato & Greenapple's 8th Dating Anni.
Daisypath Ticker