Life is a jigsaw puzzle. Every segment of the puzzle is formed by different elements of life. I cherish all my felicity elements, what about you?

Wednesday, September 14, 2005

Chicken Florentine Pizza

In North America, to order food in instead of dining out is very common. Back in Malaysia, as far as I know, only pizza vendors will offer delivery. Whereas here, almost all of the restaurant will offer delivery service. Needless to say, the service is available only within a limited radius in distance. Most of them will offer the service free-of-charge if your order exceeds a certain amount, like say, $12. If your order is lesser than the amount, you are still eligible for delivery, with some extra surcharges of course.

We ordered in a pizza a couple of days ago. In every regions, there are always different specialty pizza offered. Like in Malaysia, you'll get Tomyam Pizza, Satay Pizza, even Laksa Pizza that are so unique that you won't be able to find it elsewhere. When I was in Halifax, I had come across Donair Pizza, a pizza that solely belongs to the maritime region of Canada. As for now, well, I have yet to do much research and I'm not entirely sure whether is this pizza belongs to this region exclusively, but most of the pizza restaurants here do offer this specialty pizza, namely Chicken Florentine Pizza. This is how it looks like:

The key ingredients will be chopped spinach and herbs when it comes to this specialty pizza. It's not on a usual tomato-paste base too when it comes to the sauce. The other ingredients will be sliced-grilled-chicken, tomatoes and cheese.

Do I like it? Well, it wasn't bad. But the pizza I had was rather dry. I'm not sure whether was it because of the vendor, or that really is the style of this pizza. As well, the smell and/or taste of the herb Oregano kind of dominates the entire pizza, so that outweighed the other ingredients of the pizza.

I think I'll try it again if given a chance in the future, but not from the same store.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh yes..!! donair anything are famous here.. they love anything with donair..!!
i haven't tried it though.. even though i've been here for almost 5yrs now. My spouse said.. it's cheap meat.. hahah!!

11:49 PM

 
Blogger Greenapple said...

really? cheap meat? but it seriously tastes good, I can assure you! I rarely take beef, but donair is something that I will wanna ignore the fact that it's beef and get indulged into such great taste.

1:32 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

 

Tomato & Greenapple's 8th Dating Anni.
Daisypath Ticker