Life is a jigsaw puzzle. Every segment of the puzzle is formed by different elements of life. I cherish all my felicity elements, what about you?

Friday, September 16, 2005

Mee Bandung


I brought this packet of 'Perencah Mee Bandung' (Bandung Noodle Paste) from home. Well, I've never come across Mee Bandung before actually when I was in Malaysia, so I am not at all familiar with the taste, or perhaps I shall say, I didn't know what to expect out of it.

But I figured that it wouldn't be bad, so I gave it a try by following the suggested cooking methods on the packet:
The end product:
Hmmm, not too bad I'd say. I could taste dried shrimp out of it, and with chillies of course. But it was not spicy though. I had just googled 'Mee Bandung' on the internet, only to realise that it's a type of noodle that is more commonly found in the State of Johor (a state located on the Northen part of the Peninsular Malaysia). I think I'll try to look for this food if I ever have a chance to visit Johor next time. Otherwise I won't be able to tell the authenticity of this packet of perencah. But as far as a quick and quality meal is concerned, this packet is great. Will definitely bring more of this from home next time.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I never had any mee bandung before.. but i'm sure anything from asia is a welcome sight to anyone.. who is so far away from home.

11:47 PM

 
Blogger Greenapple said...

exactly big bok, that was the reason why I bought the paste and brought it over. anything that smells asian is something to die for, when you are far far away from home.

1:29 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

This is very interesting site... Over the counter treatment eczema Antique desk with what-not shelves

8:16 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

 

Tomato & Greenapple's 8th Dating Anni.
Daisypath Ticker